Crock Pot Pork Chops
by Neva Marie
crock pot pork chops are a fast and easy way to cook pork chops slow cooker. This is my family's favorite slow cooker pork chop recipe.
Don't have a lot of ingredients on hand? No problem, just omit the optional items and use onion and garlic powder instead of fresh onion and garlic.
My Sister in-law makes something similar and my husband likes it so much that I started making it per our own tastes which I think turns out better. I like the fact that you can mix it all in one dish (the crock-pot) so it cuts down on washing and clean-up. Additionally, you can also cook it in the oven if you forget to start the crock pot in the morning (it is great both ways.)
Information about Crock Pot Pork Chops:
Prep time is 15minutes or less
Cooking time is approx 4-6 hours on high or approx 6-8 hours on medium
Serves 4-6 people (large servings)
Ingredients for Crock Pot Pork Chops:
- 2 lbs Pork Chops (thawed - not frozen)
- 2- 26oz Cans of Cream of Mushroom (Organic, NO MSG, "natural flavors" or non-fat powdered milk)
- ½ C of Milk
- 1 lb Fresh Mushrooms diced (optional)
- 1 T Onion Powder or substitute half a fresh onion
- 1 t garlic powder or 2 cloves of fresh minced garlic
- 8 Medium Red potatoes
- Cut Fresh Parsley (optional)
- Salt (optional)
- Pepper (optional)
- Serve with Fresh green beans or asparagus (optional)
Procedure for Crock Pot Pork Chops:
- Use a large crock pot preferably one over 5 quarts
- Open the cream of Mushroom and put it in the crock pot and then add milk, mix together.
- Add the onion powder or diced fresh onion and if you choose diced mushroom.
- Dice the potatoes into 1 ½” sections stick half the potatoes on the bottom of the crock pot and stir around.
- Afterwards stick the pork chops on top of the potatoes and then the other half of potatoes on the sides of the pork chops, make sure everything is covered with the sauce and that the sauce is between the pork chops.
- Turn your slow cooker on high and cook 4-6 hours
- Your crock pot pork chops are done when the potatoes are soft
Cooking Tips for this Slow Cooker Pork Chop Recipe:
Many crock pots cook at different temps so depending on your crock pot cooking times vary. If you want to cook for a longer amount of time cook on medium.
Check potatoes if they are soft, then they are done. Top finished meal with fresh parsley and salt and pepper if desired.
Serving Suggestions for Pork Chops Slow Cooker:
Green beans or asparagus go well with this meal, if you know you won’t have time to steam them at dinner time throw them on top of your meal in the crock pot. We have even mixed baby carrots in the sauce and they were pretty tasty.